Dadeos is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Edmonton and there is no way people can consider this place anything close to being the best in Vancouver. However, my friends really liked this place.

I order the chicken wings which were recommended to me by my friends. My other friend who went to Dadeos for the first time shared my thought, the chicken was way to dry. I hear they are half price on sunday though, so I will try them again then.

Otherwise, Edmonton you better step up your game. I know cowboys and hipsters wear the same slim fitting jeans but we eat much better. No prairie oysters here.
Dadeo Diner and Bar
3305 Cambie Street,

Dadeo New Orleans Diner and Bar on Urbanspoon

Bobby Wham said... @ July 21, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I can give you the code if you want, then you can modify from there...

Anonymous said... @ August 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM

The Vancouver Dadeo's is simply out of its league here in Vancouver. Exceedingly poor service, rude hostess, sub-par food, poorly designed interior which is unappealing at best, instant turn off at worst. This restaurant has no vision. Edmonton Dadeo's is the big fish in the Edmonton puddle. Vancouver is the ocean where the big fish play and quite frankly, Dadeo's just can't hack it. When they serve their signature dry scones with Jalepeno jelly as a taster to begin with, one is left shaking their head in beweilderment. When people go out to dine, they expect that the restaurant would appreciate their business and take pride in their food, service and establishment. Needless to say, the TV in the bar kills the ambiance to be followed up with the wrong order coming to the table followed by really mediocre food.

2/10 for service.
4/10 for food.
3/10 for ambiance.

Better to just get some costco wings and a case of beer or just head down the street to Kino Cafe...they have it going on and you can listen to live music.

Good luck to the next restaurant that takes over that location.

As the old saying goes...you can take the red neck out of the trailer park...

They should just stick to Edmonton.

Gyromite said... @ August 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

I love anons comment, it is harsh but so true.

Funny and so real.

Anonymous said... @ November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

I worked at the plaqce. It was unfortunate because the location was pretty good. I tried to get the owners to understand Vancouver is a city that "understands" food and what is crap.

Here is the advice I gave in November of '07 " Either you have a cookie cutter franchise that fails or you make a funky cafe that serves great food, a soda fountain and some quality kitsch if you want to make it here"

Oh well, looks like angry owner can go back to Edmonton and be the "Big BOSS Man" there. I hate to say it, but I'm glad it failed.

Actually, no I don't hate to say it because the menu that was forced, bastardized and contrived was an insult not only to the customers but to the ingredients being used.

Bye BYE DADEOHOLES

Jill said... @ April 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I used to LOVE Dadeo's in Edmonton, but now they're rude. Last time I was there (and I've literally eaten there over 100 times over the years) they were going to charge me $3 to split my Po' Boy with my boyfriend. when I enquired why- they said they had a "no splitting food" policy. I asked if it was due to the cost of, say, dirty dishes. They said, no "it's top prevent people from sitting 4 to a booth and splitting one meal". I assured them I would not be doing that, that I was a loyal customer over the years but lived in Vancouver and had just arrived in town and headed for my favorite restaurant. I said I understood their position (sort of..) and offered to order more food to cover the policy fee, but really did want to split the po boy.

When it came- it was not cut in half, they charged me $2 to sub fries for hash and ignored the table for drink refuels and dessert. The service was gruff and rude, although I was cordial and understanding. At the end of the meal, both me and my fella felt kicked to the curb and that they would rather we not take up the space even though our bill came to almost $50.

Unfortunately, I tipped them ZIP and walked out knowing I would never go back. They're too far up their own asses to know that their jalepeno jelly is runny, the potato hash dry and the service as stank as a blackened piece of rotten chicken.

They may be a big fish in a muddy pond, but their drying out in that Prairie heat fast.

Anonymous said... @ August 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM

The Vancouver & Edmonton shops are NOT the same. Though they share the name, the two restaurants are owned by different parties. The Vancouver location is a franchise of sorts, run independently from the original Edmonton Da-De-O. The Edmonton owner did help Vancouver's owner set up shop, but returned to Edmonton shortly after the Vancouver Da-Ge-O's opening. I frequented the Edmonton location often when I lived there and was excited to see one open here, however the food & overall experience pales by comparison. Visit the location in Edmonton if you get the chance.