So if you click on the icon for "Vancouver Slop's Best Eats of the City" then you will see that I am trying to find the best burger in the city this month. These challenges may change if my double chin comes back and my face gets round. I ll try the PX 90 to offset this.

So this place has been rated as one of the best burgers in the lower mainland by CTV viewers, I have yet to see that published anywhere but the Burger-etc site but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I ordered the burger added mozza cheese and bacon. The burger was good but far from amazing. The bun was tasty, meat was good (ordered medium well), and the vegetables were tasty, the bacon was a little over cooked and dry but added a nice taste to the overall package. Fries were satisfactory, but not much to write about so I won't.

Since this is a battle, all in all, it was a good burger but I do not think it will stack up highly against the competition. Numerical rating about 7.5 out of 10. Price 9.95 plus a dollar for the cheese and another dollar for the bacon.

Burgers Etc
4091 Hastings Street
Burnaby, BC

Burgers Etc. BBQ House on Urbanspoon

shokutsu said... @ September 3, 2008 at 11:13 PM

This is gonna be a 'pack on the pounds' quest for you. :) Just did a burger post myself earlier this week.

Moderne Burger - Vancouver, BC

Lydia said... @ September 5, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Have you tried the barbecue at Burgers Etc? It's supposed to be good.

I like your blog makeover.

Anonymous said... @ September 5, 2008 at 10:48 AM

hello there i had a similar axpereiacnce at burger etc i dont think its anything too special and same with their bbq its not bad but i wouldnt go out of my way for it yeah what what

Yayer said... @ September 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Do they still have the Kobe cheeseburger at The Diva at the Met? I liked that guy. But some people don't like the idea of spending that much money on a burger. I try it all. From low end to high end.

You gotta meet me out in Chicago and try a Char-Burger with a slathering of Merkt's cheese. OMG the best ever.

Gyromite said... @ September 7, 2008 at 8:06 PM

50 dollar burger at diva at the met is out of my league.

I am tempted to take a bite out of one.

Yayer said... @ September 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Isn't there one that's just plain? Not the one with foie gras. I hate foie gras personally.

Gyromite said... @ September 8, 2008 at 1:12 PM

never been, too intimidated by the repuation.

I hear the new spot thats taking over Feenies is going to have 80 dollar hamburgers and stuff.

Jonny P said... @ September 9, 2008 at 9:07 PM

i like splitz burger on main street. italian sausage burger was good. i get it with splitz fries which is basically a poutine but instead of cheese curds, its grated cheddar cheese... nice twist!