One more burger spot down. Went to Cactus Club or as some people call it cock tease club to try the Feenies Burger. Its not a cheap burger thats for sure. 14 dollars gets you a burger with the fixins including tomato, lettuce, pickle, Cheddar, mushrooms, bacon, red pepper and a side of fries.

The burger is tasty, the meat has a great flavour to it and all the fixins make for a nice handful of fun. I rather order my toppings "a la carte" but I would have ordered two of those toppings anyways. None of the toppings really stood out on their own but the burger was a tasty eat. As far as rankings, I still feel Moderne has the best. Still a few more to try. I am going to have to start biking to these places so I don't get fat.

Cactus Club
Various locations
www.cactusclubcafe.com

Cactus Club Cafe on Urbanspoon

Anonymous said... @ September 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM

you still have many spots to check. Split's on Main st. Red Onion on 41st are two indy joints you have to try.

Gyromite said... @ September 15, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Good Call I got them on my list now. I can feel myself getting fat.

I ll do a nice comparison in the end but this is a lot of work.

Still left
Splitz, Vera (that ones gonna hurt), Save On Meats, Red Onion, this other joint on Dunbar, Fat Burger - last time I got real sick so I might leave it out, Mortons.

I wish I didn't love fries so much.

Yayer said... @ September 15, 2008 at 5:11 PM

As much as I enjoy reading all your posts this project of yours is an artery killer. I hope you're biking to all these burg joints or at least secretly doing aerobics at home.

kent said... @ September 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM

i think riding to the places is a good idea, except maybe save on meats, i ain't locking my bike up out there.
and there is one more i wanted to add to the list as well; hamburger Mary's on Bute and Davie. i had one there along time ago, i remember it being pretty good.

I Love Food Blogger said... @ September 27, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Gotta love this burger.

To read my review on The Burger, visit:

Andrew said... @ August 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Hi Matt (Gyromite),

I've been reading your blog and it is great. Have you been into Show Case Restaurant at the Marriott Hotel? We're on the corner of West Hastings & Thurlow and I think you should try the Burger here. If you do, let me know your thoughts.

Andrew