Since I eat out everyday, I find myself at times picking places that offer a great value. The Lions Den is one of those places for me. For 7.50 you get Jerk Chicken on rice and beans with a small salad, this generally will last me two meals, I have even stretched it to three once.

The chicken is very different than what you would get in Jamaica but I do like the taste. It is a little spicy for those of you who can't take spicy food but a good meal. The restaurant offers a variety of food from Caribbean food to Japanese food, you can even order the "Remix " and get a plate of Teriyaki chicken and Jerk chicken.

The atmosphere isn't the nicest but it does have a lot of character. If you are a white person with dread locks it might be your steez. Sometimes the owner tells the story of Junior the lion (which is hung on the wall) and I rather not hear that story again, its nice and cute but goes for a little too long. The owners (Ken and Junko) are rad though.

Nuff Respect to the Lions Den.

Lions Den Cafe
651 East 15th Ave.
Vancouver BC Canada
Near Kingsway and Fraser.

Side bar, when I was in Jamaica, everyone called me Chinaman and it was generally accepted as ok by all other people. The problem is, I am Japanese, eventually I took the name Mr. Chin a character from the Movie Shottas (dope as hell movie), I liked that name a little more. It is weird cause there are nuff Japanese people in Jamrock.

Lions Den Cafe on Urbanspoon

mishel said... @ September 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Ummm, Not sure if vermin, quality, or cleanliness is up your alley, but if so, I would NEVER eat there. Also, I have it from an inside source(ex employee) that the owners treat the staff like dirt. Another reason to avoid "establishes" such as these. And I'm all for a great deal with quantity. I prefer fact checking before I hype anything. Maybe too high of standards??? WERD.

Gyromite said... @ September 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Hi,

Just pulled up the inspection report for the restaurant. 8 things in non compliance.

Good call..

I am a little scared to pull up reports on some of my favorite Chinese restaurants. Most of them might come up bad.

Ok, had to look. Lots of places have non compliances.

Alibi, Congee NH, some cactus clubs, Rugby Club, Toshis all have non compliances. Some worse than others.

Anonymous said... @ September 28, 2008 at 11:14 PM

weird, i've had the jerk chicken and it wasn't spicy at all. the pizza joint across the street (beside ba le) does a pretty solid butter chicken and curry though.

Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 10:40 AM

And? Im sure that everyone's kitchen would pass a proper inspection... /sarcasm

People need to lighten up. As long as people are not getting violently ill, who cares? Almost every restaurant has had a violation at one point in time, from McDonalds, to the highest class joint.

This is a personal blog, expressing personal opinions just like dinehere. If people take it too seriously, its their own problem...

mishel said... @ September 29, 2008 at 11:36 AM

I don't think anyone is taking this "too seriously", I was simply stating the place is a HOLE. And the owners are jerks. That's it that's all.
BON APPETITE.

Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM

How much fact checking can anyone do before they go eat? Call the Better Business Bureau, local health authorities. You do this everytime you eat or hype up anything?

Eat where you want to.

Anonymous said... @ July 6, 2019 at 11:19 PM

kanchipuram silk sarees wholesalers

kanchipuram pure silk sarees manufacturers

kanchipuram silk sarees manufacturers

kanchipuram silk sarees

kanchipuram silk sarees

kanchipuram silk sarees

jaibalajipackers said... @ October 9, 2019 at 1:02 AM

thats a great dish and i will also try it. thanks for sharing.
movers and packer Thane

kamalcargo said... @ October 9, 2019 at 11:54 PM

this dish seems too delicious, thank you for sharing the recipe
movers and packers thane

ArrowIndia Packers said... @ November 12, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

Packers and movers in Gurgaon
Packers and movers Gurgaon
Movers and Packers in Gurgaon
Movers and Packers Gurgaon
Gurgaon Packers and movers
Gurgaon movers and packers

Rajwinder Singh said... @ November 29, 2019 at 12:15 AM

May be maximum people avoid this topic, Thanks.
Taxi Service in Zirakpur

Taxi Service in Panchkula

Taxi Chandigarh to Delhi

Taxi Delhi To chandigarh

One way Taxi service zirakpur panchkula

Cabs in Zirakpur

Anthem Infotech Pvt. Ltd. said... @ January 1, 2020 at 2:21 AM

I am very happy to discover your post, This is an excellent post. It is really what I wanted to see, hope in future you will continue for sharing such an excellent post.

ASP.net Development
Web development
Search Engine Optimization
Custom Software Development
Application development
Designing services
SQL Server
IOS mobile applications
Desktop Applications
Windows applications
Custom business solutions
Mobile application development

Singh Logistics LLC said... @ February 13, 2020 at 1:15 AM

Such a great post thanks for sharing this with us Really So Amazing information.

Truck driver jobs usa

Trucking companies in ohio

Transportation companies in usa

Lease trucking jobs

Freight service usa

Freight shipping company

Logistics service company

Cargo shipping company

Trucking jobs in midwest

Trucking company in east coast

Zirakpur taxi services said... @ May 4, 2020 at 1:10 AM

We provide taxi services

Taxi service in Zirakpur

Online taxi zirakpur

Sharing taxi zirakpur

Sharing taxi service in chandigarh

Carlaunge said... @ May 4, 2020 at 3:31 PM

The Audi Q7 Best car blogs Best car blogs is currently the leading SUV company powered by a 3.0 litre diesel engine coupled with an 8 speed. Automatic transmission and Quattro’s all-wheel drive system.

Hotelhomez said... @ May 4, 2020 at 3:34 PM

We did comprehensive best hotels information resarch on hotel industry and cme up with our final recommendations and that is Hotelhomez.com If you want to get any information and as well as booking.

Carlaunge said... @ May 4, 2020 at 3:41 PM

The Audi Q7 Best car blogs Best car blogs is currently the leading SUV company powered by a 3.0 litre diesel engine coupled with an 8 speed. Automatic transmission and Quro’s all-wheel drive system.
New Upcoming cars
best car blogs
New Upcoming cars 2020
best car blogs 2020

ashish rawat said... @ May 29, 2020 at 10:04 PM

We are writing blogs for more than years, but we were writing for others. Now we have started writing for our viewers to keep them updated about free hacks leaks downloads many more.

free hacking tips