Nat's Pizzeria

When I am in the mood for late night slop I love having a cheap slice of za at Pie By Night, Megabite or Numero Uno. You can't beat the price but you can certainly beat the quality.

I feel that the best pizza spot in Vancouver is Nat's Pizzeria. I am not the only one because Nat's has received many awards in this city. Their slices are a little more than those dollar slice joints downtown but you can taste the drink when you are not drunk. The interiors are nice and some of the people behind the counter make you feel like they are New York imports. The just have that NY shtick to them. After you order the pizza ($2.50 - $4.00) they throw it in the oven so it can be served hot. If you haven't go and try their pizza and if you are interested, their sandwiches are also real good. My personal favorite pizza is the margarita pizza, simple and clean.

On the international stage our pizza doesn't cut it, we could never stack up against NY or Chicago.

Nat's Pizzeria
2684 W. Broadway
Vancouver.

Nat's New York Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

PS - I love greasy Pizza Hut. I mean love it.

Yayer said... @ October 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I hate being repetitive but honestly, for a foodie town...it's shocking. E was offended when I said that Nat's was considered the best/one of the best in the city. Pizza is as serious as politics or skateboarding to him. When we go back to Chicago he does pizza taste tests with friends. Whenever someone says that some spot has the best pie, he'll order from 2-3 spots and we'll do taste tests. Yeah he's serious. I didn't even know ordering pizza well done is an option till I met him.

Someone's gotta open up a serious pizza jawn and then Vancouverites can talk about good pizza.

Rachel Catriona said... @ October 29, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I agree this is the best in town. They do a wicked white pie, olive oil base with ricotta and roasted rapini and some other roasted veg.

Great blogs, VSlop.

I Love Food Blog said... @ October 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
marjolyn said... @ October 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Sunrise Pizza on commercial drive has realllllly good pizza. Order the Sunrise Special. Its not new york style, but its a few bites of awesomeness.

Olympia on Denman has a really wicked Greek pizza too.

DAN FONG said... @ October 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

mmmm...I think it's blasphomy to call it New York Pizza, now that I live in NY,I see that all the best places have either a wood or coal burning pizza oven, roma tomato sauce and good quality mozza...Nat's don't make the cut, they use an oven everyone else uses. I'm sorry but I use to live down there and ate their quite a bit and now after having NYC pizza regularly, it doesn't make the cut.

Not that I don't like Nat's, it's just not that hype as people think it is.

cb said... @ October 30, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Lombardo's on Commercial (the one downtown always sucked) is the best pizza in Vancouver if memory serves me.

Nats was actually always kinda wack, crushed the lunch combos occasionally though.