Got a little shout out today in the Province from my friend Hans. He listed a spot that I have never heard of, guess I have to pay it a visit. Here is the blurb in todays, The Province paper

Where: 469 Richards St.

Why: A good friend of mine does the food blog vancouverslop.com. It inspired me to share a really insider foodie tip I know, although I hope it doesn't come back to, um, bite me. Every day, this Chinese eatery offers two takeout specials for less than $5. Just make your choice and chill while your massive portion is cooked fresh and good. Cheap and tasty? You're welcome.

Thanks Hans!!!!

I Love Food Blog said... @ October 21, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Well deserved! Keep 'em coming! Can't stop...won't stop!

Yayer said... @ October 22, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I remember going to a place called Snow Garden on Main Street around Sunset community centre when I was younger. Just a little past Indian town there. I doubt it's there anymore but I remember loving it as a child...mind you my palate has totally changed and what I thought was great as a kid is definitely not the same. Hope it's the same place/owners and if it is, I remember loving the beef and broccoli as a kid.

elrizzy said... @ October 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM

snow garden is really really bananas, i hit it up for lunch whenever i need to do a meeting with co-workers.

weird thing is the place is never really that full.

Needle Kineval said... @ October 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM

snow garden's the shit
wish i was still going to university around there cause it's a good spot to hit in between classes

karen said... @ October 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM

yayer - you're right. it's no longer there anymore, i think it's a jewelery store now. that was our family's spot as well growing up and we always ordered the same 6 dishes every time we went cause they were insane - regardless if you had it when you were 5 or 20. they opened up the richards street one and to be honest, not the same at all. the cook is different from the original one. here's the real deal, one of the waitresses that used to work at the main street location has opened up a new spot on fraser. went with my parents and it's almost spot on with the cooking - felt so good. can't confirm on the name but will when i get back into town.

elaine said... @ October 30, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Sun Lock on Fraser is the name!
And it's still the shit!
Love the beef and tomato chow mein!!...mmmmmmm.....