The burger quest continues. One last entry for September. Splitz Burger. This burger is all about the toppings, you can pick from your choice of humous, tzatziki, salsa, garlic mayo, mustard, ketchup and some other joints that I forgot,and then you get to pick your toppings, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, onion. All the good stuff like cheese, mushrooms and bacon all costs money though.

Overall the burger is alright, on par with Vera's if I remember. The bun is toasted but in my opinion over toasted. The meat is decent but heavy, nothing special. The crazy thing here is all the toppings, sometimes one bite will taste different than the next because of all the different toppings and sauces on it. The fries if you upgrade to Splitz fries have cheddar cheese and gravy and they taste great, kind of like a cheddar cheese bake potato. Hype right?

All in all, not a bad burger but I would not reach out to main for just the burger. The Splitz combo (burger, drink and fries was 9.45 and then you add cheese or mushrooms for 1.25 more).

Splitz Burger
4242 Main Street
Main and 27th

Splitz Grill on Urbanspoon

Yayer said... @ October 2, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I remember liking it in Whistler but when I had again it wasn't top of the pops. How is the meat cooked? I am all about charcoal cooked burgers right now.

Lydia said... @ October 3, 2008 at 12:58 AM

My burger, fries and shake in Vegas was $19, so your combo sounds real reasonable. It's in my neck of the woods, I'm meaning to go there.

Anonymous said... @ October 3, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Love Splits in Whistler. but after trying the one on Main St., i was a bit disappointed. the bun was different from the Whistler one.
i almost always get the Onion Rings over the fries.

Anonymous said... @ October 3, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Looks interesting...I'll try it when I get the chance. Keep up the good work!

Dub-Lo 7

Anonymous said... @ October 7, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I don't get why they put BBQ sauce on all their patties.

Leo Voisey said... @ September 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Seriously, this is the most well rounded feature on this topic I’ve ever read. As everyone knows, there’s a ton of information all over the internet on this but it’s more confusing than ever. Finally, an article that just tells it like it is.
It’s so refreshing to discover posts like the ones you article on your internet site. Quite useful looking through. I will hold you bookmarked. Many thanks!
So interesting posts,you wrote the headline you gave,and the meaning was so excited.I am sure people who all like them,and better then,good luck!.For more information please visit http://www.safedesign.com