Zaccary's Pizza:

Sometime you feel too lazy to cook but you also don't wanna get away from the comforts of your couch and tv. I've got a few spots dialed for these occasions in Vancouver. I'm fortunate enough to live within the delivery restriction of Zaccary's Pizza. Hidden away just south of Broadway on Oak St. lies this small mom & pop's pizza joint. The man that takes my order always sounds grumpy over the phone. Maybe that's part of the charm of this place? I've tried their Italiano Originale w/ roasted garlic, anchovies and fresh mozzarella and it was fantastic. But this time, because i'm a plain margarita pizza lover, i ordered a plain cheese Marg. Large of course so that i have left over cold pizza for the next day. Pizza is best eaten fresh out the oven or cold the day after! Oh, almost forgot. You MUST try their greek salad!!! Honestly, i 'm not even a big greek salad fan but this one blows my mind. Fresh tomatoes, peppers, olives and grated feta cheese with their special mix of vinegar and oil. Could be one of the best greek salads in the city!
The pizza isn't cheap in price, $19.80 for the large 14". The Greek is $6.75.
Oh and they ONLY take cash!

Zaccary's Pizza
3150 Oak St.

Anonymous said... @ October 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM

You mean then ONLY take cash!

You misspelled Zaccary, regardless he is the best!!!

O-toro said... @ October 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM

thanks! i've made the corrections

I Love Food Blog said... @ October 27, 2008 at 8:53 PM

That pizza looks great! I've heard good stuff about Zaccarys.

Yayer said... @ October 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I don't know this place but hopefully it's reallllllllly good. I will continue to complain that there is no good pizza in Vancouver. I never knew what good pizza was till I moved away. Call me a hater, I'm just a know-er.

O-toro said... @ October 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

the pizza tastes like candy. i can eat the entire pie in one sitting (which i have done). but it's good to leave a half for the next day.

erinator said... @ November 11, 2008 at 2:24 PM

zaccary's is definitely one of my favourite pizza spots! my favourite is the new york style pizza... mmm roasted garlic. i'm sad that they aren't open during the day anymore! i used to get a slice while doing laundry at the laundromat on oak and 15th. alas, the laundromat is no more, as are the individual slices.