My only crepe experiences are from Cafe Crepe. Now that I have started this blog friends want to have lunch with me and to try out new spots.

For 8 - 10 dollars I don't find a crepe the best deal. Generally, it is too much of just one thing, and it just doesn't look that appealing. However, I must say it got the job done, I walked out full.

This adventure takes us to a placed called Trixie's (quoting David Duchovney in Californiation "that is a terrific name if you are a hooker"). Trixies's is a small crepe/coffee house with a cute interior that serves sweet and savory crepes as well as tea and coffee. We sat down at a small table and tried to figure out a small little puzzle while we waited for our food.

I ordered a small clam chowder which tasted very bland, definitely not worth ordering. For the crepe I ordered a mushroom, ham and cheese and my friend ordered the cordon bleu crepe which was even better than mine. The crepes here were great, if you are a crepe fan I would take a trip to Trixies. However, if you are like me, you don't take many trips for crepes unless they are for dessert.

Trixie’s Crepe and Coffehaus
3306 Cambie St.
Vancouver BC
Cambie and 17th
Trixi's Crepe & Coffeehaus on Urbanspoon

Food Lover said... @ November 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM

I was never a savory crepe fan myself till I lived out East. I was in love with a place called Le Gamins in NYC and then in Montreal they had a crepe place by my old bf's house in Outremont. Forgot the name. I started eating savoury crepes. Ham, bechamel, and mushrooms and then the totally Quebecois thing to do, slather maple syrup over it. Sounds gross but it is good. Ha! I actually suggested Cafe Crepe add a champignon and chevre crepe to their mix and they said it was weird. What? I'm sorry but it's so good. Dummies.

gingerbetty said... @ November 3, 2008 at 10:17 PM

The best crepes in town are hidden in the food court of Harbour Centre at Et Voila! Savoury crepes made with buckwheat as opposed to white bleached flour and sweet crepes a la bretagne.

Gyromite said... @ November 4, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Are there that many crepe fans? They are good snacks for me, and great for sharing but are there that many people that eat them for a meal?

shokutsu said... @ November 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Volume-wise, savory crepes will never be filling enough for me as a stand alone meal. And like you, I'm more of a fan of sweet crepe desserts. Not sure if that will ever change...

Ingrid said... @ December 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I have to agree with gingerbetty. It's wierd to admit, but the best "real" french crepes that I found so far in Vancouver are at "Et Voila!" , a little shop in the food court of the harbour center.
Tradintionnaly, savoury crepe are made of buckwheat flour and are way more feeling that the poor versions that are served in other "crepes" restaurant in Vancouver. You should try one of those days. you would be surprised ;-)

Anonymous said... @ April 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I am a local there and I love the environment. Ernst and Trixie are very pleasant people and their crepes are simply to die for. OH MY GOD! If you want a desert, try the Banana Nutella...oh wow!

AND their coffee is out of this world!

Anonymous said... @ August 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Best place for crepes is a little gem hidden in Harbour Centre (below SFU downtown/ the revolving restaurant on Hastings). It's called "Et Voila".

My recommendation is a savory crepe and a sweet crepe combo (~$8.50). For the sweet crepe I like the lemon and lightly-sugared option.

Mmmmmm..... C'est bon!

crepelover said... @ April 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Umm the crepes here are absolutely positively outstanding!! even if you dont like crepes.. just go here... and try it... you wont be sorry i promise!!