Up on top of Main st. sits a small mom & pops chinese joint called Legendary Noodle. This bare bone hand made noodle spot got a small make over a little while ago. Still quite simple but the interior looks a little cozier than it used to be. The place sits about 20 people and has an easy menu comprised mostly of their hand made noodle dishes.

My personal favorite appetizer is the first thing on the menu, the garlic fried pea-shoots! The item is followed by "rock and roll" on the menu for unknown reasons. So my friend and I order that and Pan-Fried Pork & Chive Dumpling. He also ordered the Beef Brisket in soup and i went for the Vegetarian Noodle Soup (both in LARGE!). The Large is quite large! the size of the bowl the servings come in don't differ so much but the quantity of noodles is quite LARGE. The pea-shoots and dumplings were great. I really liked the small dumpling size they make. My noodle soup was good. I find the broth a bit strong in taste compared to Sha-Lin's but my serving came with a good amount and variety of vegetables..... whici was a bonus!

Though i think we could have done with ordering the regular size noodles, the heavy-eating-champions that we are, polished off all dishes (and bowls). We took our time to sip on the tea to help digest a bit and hit the road saying "we don't come here enough".

The noodles and dishes are fairly priced. The portions are good and all the other tables seemed to have finished their food right down to the last drop.

Legendary Noodle
4191 Main st.
604-879-8758

Legendary Noodle on Urbanspoon

O-toro

I Love Food Blog said... @ December 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I believe there is one located on Denman St. as well.

Can't wait to try this one.

Shegerlee Shabantu said... @ December 9, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Fajitas pronounced FAH HEEEE TAAAAHHHHHSSSS

KimHo said... @ December 9, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Is it coincidence? Yesterday, it was Jamaican, today, Legendary Noodle - in my case, the one in Denman!

Having said that, what do you think of the broth? Do you think it is "too similar" to the one used in pho?

Anonymous said... @ December 9, 2008 at 11:45 PM

The peanut noddle dish is really good at Legendary too. Now I need to go there again soon!

Wei Ling said... @ December 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Was wondering when O-toro would drop this gem. I agree on the peanut noodle dish. It's like peanut butter melted on spaghetti.... but in a good way. It's been a long time since I popped in there. Will have to use the new renovations as an excuse.

Food Lover said... @ December 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Omg!! I am dying for some noodles!! VANCOUVER HERE I COME!

Lydia said... @ December 10, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I've only been to the one on Denman. This is one of my favourite places in the city; everything I've eaten there is awesome. Now I need to go there again ASAP! Mmm pan fried green onion pancakes.