Cascade Room
I have never blogged about Cascade but this is not my first visit. I once had the burger at Cascade and I remembered that I was not a fan of the bun they used but I have been encouraged by many to go back and try it again.

After watching the movie Notorious, a friend and I decided to grab a drink at Cascade. I enjoyed my hang time in the restaurant, the interior is dark, with chalkboard painted walls, and exposed beams. The seating was comfortable and the music was set a level that allowed my friend and I to have a decent conversation.

The cocktail list was long but I settled for a couple of pints of Grolsch and my friend enjoyed a couple of glasses of the malbec. After my first beer I got a little snacky and we ordered the mushroom pizza (12 dollars - roasted mushroom, pesto, fontina, goat's cheese, and spinach). The food came really fast, I would assume mostly because it was late on Sunday night and no one else was eating. To my surprise the pizza was fantastic. The mushrooms tasted great, the crust was nice and thin, and the combination of the two cheeses created the perfect flavour. I must say I really enjoyed this pizza.

I'll be back to try some more items.

Habit, located next door is closed due to some damage from a fire. Wow thats two spots in Vancouver, Incendios and Habit. Someone better call Smokey The Bear to come down and do some fire safety training.

Cascade Room
2616 Main St
Vancouver, BC V5T 3E6
(604) 709-8650
www.thecascade.ca

Cascade Room on Urbanspoon

'ED MOIST' said... @ January 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Best Mint Julep in the city?

Gyromite said... @ January 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM

never had or heard of a mint julep. I had to look it up.

I am now super curious.

trish said... @ January 30, 2009 at 12:10 AM

i love the pizza at cascade! but you gotta try the pasta with the braised pork. oh my lordy!

Jackie said... @ January 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I've never eaten the food at Cascade, but this looks absolutely delicious. And good pub food is hard to find! I recommend the Journalist martini.

darren said... @ February 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Wendy and her staff are top-drawer.

Each time we've gone, they've served great food and paid attention to details, like:

1) phunky music selection
2) drinks for those in line
3) acknowledging people by first names...the SECOND time 'round.

Be a rockstar...go to cascade.

Warren said... @ June 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Used to be the best all around drinks in the city. Now there is no consistency. It's been a sad decline in quality all around. Nigel and Wendy are fantastic maybe the Habit fire has distracted them. Aside from the service at Sunday brunch everything is starting to suffer. WENDY AND NIGEL time to mix it up. The kitchen is weak and the bartenders are not what they used to be....