Just got back from a 4 day work trip to Las Vegas. As far as food goes you can find just about any type of food in Vegas. The problem is the food available to you in Vegas is bad fast food for cheap or good high end restaurants with very expensive prices. For the most of my 4 days there i was confined to a convention center where a trade show took place and all that was available in close vicinity was the sub-par food court. Your choices were greasy sandwiches, greasy chinese food, or greasy pizza all for about $15.

So on the 3rd day my friend and I decided that we would cab it to IN-N-OUT Burger for lunch. The cab ride there was $10. Got there just before the lunch time rush ad ordered their classic Cheese Burger w/ Fries and Drink combo (#2). $5 each! Delicious! In-N-Out has got to be, by far, my favorite North American burger chain.

For those of you who are not familiar with In-N-Out, they are a privately owned burger chain out of California and have been around since 1948. I believe they are only in the state of California, Utah, Arizona and Nevada. They thrive themselves on serving the freshest burgers by having their own farms and beef patty making facilities. Ingredients are hand picks and delivered to each location. So fresh and so lean!

The menu is simple, Double Double (double patty double cheese), Cheese Burger, Hamburger and French Fries. A selection of fountain drinks and milk shakes.
But if you go to their website you will find the "not so secret menu". There you will find some special items that you can order if you can remember the names of the items when placing your order. You can even ask for cheese melted on your fries!

After our very satisfying meal we flagged a cabbie that was just finishing his In-N-Out lunch and took it back to the trade show for $10. So, in the end we got a much more healthier and tastier meal for $15 each (including the cab rides) than anything we could have eaten at the show. Shoulda gone there everyday!

ps: the closest IN-N-OUT BURGER to Vancouver is in Redding, California. I know, i took a road trip down to San Diego and had the pedal floored to get to the closest IN-N-OUT!

various locations in Southwest States

Visa said... @ February 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM

i miss in n out :(
the burger was juicy and delicious...
the bun was nice and warm and toasted...
the fries were fresh and crunchy! so good.......soooo good.....

johta said... @ February 2, 2009 at 3:05 AM

There pretty good, but not enough to overcome the religious references on their paper goods.

Anonymous said... @ February 2, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I love that you refer to that meal as a healthier option.

O-toro said... @ February 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM

it was the healthier option.
should seen the food court slop.
everything was orange and brown.
looked like everything was dipped in butter or grease.

O-toro said... @ February 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Food Lover said... @ February 3, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Since I've moved to a region with In-N-Out, I've had maybe a handful of times. When I lived in Vancouver, I always wanted it whenever I'd go down to the States. My regular order is #2 with grilled onions, fries well done and if I'm feeling chubby, a chocolate shake.

America is full of Christians who push the Lord on you. Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays. Girls clothing chain, Forever 21, has the same verse by John on their bags.

beth said... @ February 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM

fave. burgers. ever.

Anonymous said... @ August 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

When are they going to have a Jack in the Box?
Or even an In and Out Burger here in Vancouver?
It is so strange how we get all the cool restaurants so far down the line they are no longer cool anymore.
I agree that Fatburger is good. So is Vera's Burger.

love your site

chai tee said... @ January 6, 2010 at 11:28 PM

In-N-out burgers are awesomely delicious. the qualityof their bun is amazing. The french fries available there were some of the best in the town.

hailtothevictorz said... @ July 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM

In-N-Out is an awesome burger joint, but 5 Guys is the absolute best. I give In-n-Out all the cred in the world for being one of the original drive-thru burger joints along with McDonalds, though In-and-Out went for quality over quantity (really, what kind of slogan is billions and billions served?) You know how many people know that the 'Big Mac' is McDonalds' version of a California style burger, honoring their roots? Nobody.