I love cupcakes, not the store on Denman because to me that place sucks but the dessert itself. My mom's butter icing cupcakes were the reigning champ until now.

After hearing a few recommendations, I got to try the cupcakes at Kreation Artisan Bakery located on Cambie and 17th. These things are amazing. The icing may look hard and super sweet in the picture but it is soft and soo dam tasty. I am sure real raspberries were used to make the icing. I can't explain it but it was soo freakishly good. The cake was incredibly moist with a fantastic chocolate flavour. They were $2.50 each, which maybe more than your grocery store cupcake but these things are soo dam good.

Best served at room temperature.

Kreation Artisan Bakery
3357 Cambie Street
Vancouver BC
Kreation Artisan Cake on Urbanspoon

Anonymous said... @ February 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Kreation cakes and cupcakes are quite good. (I think the owner's name is Kaeko? Seriously. Cake-o.) But the best cupcakes in town are made by Lyndsay Sung at Coco Cake.

I saw a new Cupcakes location somewhere, I forget where, but I can't believe people buy and eat those things. They are garbage.

Anonymous said... @ February 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM

OH MY GOD! YUMMY! I gotta visit that place and it's closer to where I live. :p

I Love Food Blog said... @ February 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

A perfect place to go after Pied-A-Terre! Gotta try it out! Thanks for posting.

kent said... @ February 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM

you spelt damn wrong

Gyromite said... @ March 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I always do that. It is old IRC chat/chat room thing, where you would use DAM instead of DAMN so it wouldn't get picked up as swearing.

It is a bad mistake but common in cyberspace.

Why do we always argue? Lunch soon?

rex and lindsay said... @ March 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM

IRC? common in cyberspace...nerd.

Anonymous said... @ March 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Hey - if you are ever at Safeway and are hankering after a cupcake - try the new "Irresistable Cupcake" they have there - so good! I was at a wedding recently that had a cupcake cake. I was sure they were from "Cupcakes" as they looked great, but tasted better than theirs. Sure enough, they're from Safeway. Lots of flavours - most recently I've tried the strawberry chocolate - delicious and only $1.50 :)

fmed said... @ March 4, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I tried one a couple of weeks ago. Very nice frosting...it tasted of REAL FRUIT instead of flavouring.