For two dollars a dish you cannot beat this deal. From March 16 to April 30, 2009, Zin is offering a special, all appetizers are 2 bucks each between the hours of 4 - 7pm (Mon-Sat).
The Vancouver Slop crew sat down ordered a few drinks and when the server came by we just ordered everything on the menu, which consisted of the following:
- Mac and Jack - baked macaroni, mozza, cheddar, blue
- Braised Short Rib Poutine - house cut fries, cheese curd
- Chili Lime Glazed Chicken Wings - sweet and spicy marinade
- Caesar Salad
- Melissa’s Mini Meatball Sliders
- Naan Pizza - spiced tomato curry sauce, onions, cheese curds, cilantro chutney
- Corndog - Mustard and green peppercorn mayo
- Truffle Popcorn
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
Yes, each dish was only 2 bucks. We ordered seconds on the chicken wings, and made sure there was an ice cream sandwich for each of us. The highlights were the meatball sliders, pizza and the wings. The caesar salad could have used a little more work, and I hoped for a little more truffle oil on the popcorn but that would have broke the bank. For two dollars a dish, every dish was more than an excellent deal, and it was fun to feel like a baller and just order the whole menu.
Go take advantage of this amazing deal while you can. Nowadays the only thing that two dollars can get you is four Ikea hot dogs. Roll up some change and go to Zin and order the whole menu.
1277 Robson Street