Deacon's Corner

Deacon's Corner is owned by Educated Palate, the same three guys who own/operate Cobre down the street - Tyson Reimer, Jason Kelly and Stuart Irving. Tyson's grandfather built the original Deacon's Corner on the Trans Canada Highway outside of Winnipeg. It was a truck stop diner. Tyson's father and uncle grew up in it and took over the business when Tyson's grandfather retired. Tyson also spent part of his childhood growing up in the original Deacon's Corner. Just like his grandfather before him, Tyson built the current Deacon's Corner himself with his own hands.
(The above is information that was provided to me from Deacon's Corner PR person).

Deacon's Corner offers decent prices and large portions. One of my favorite things about Deacon's Corner is that you can add extras to your breakfast for a very low price. I took advantage of this feature and ordered a side of the biscuits and country gravy ($3.25) to my order (highly recommend). My two egg breakfast was good ($5.75), the eggs were cooked perfectly over medium as requested, the sausage was tasty and acted as a great addition to the biscuits and gravy. I think it is worth noting that the sausage gravy was amazing, it was stacked with pieces of sausage and was just the right thickenss. My only complaint is that I wish I got more. One major gripe my friends and I had was with the hashbrowns. To me hashbrowns can make or break a meal and these joints almost broke it. The hashbrowns had a strange curry taste to them, however the waitress said it can be potentially possible to order regular hashbrowns or just fries (it would depend if the chef had some unseasoned cut potatoes for the hashbrowns).

Overall, I am super excited about this place after my first visit, I just need to make sure next time I get different hashbrowns because I was not into these Bollywood remixed potatoes. I was however very impressed with their clean interior, excellent location, good friendly service, and decent sized portions. This could become one of my new regular spots for breakfast.

Deacon's Corner
101 Main Street
Corner of Alexander and Main Street.
www.deaconscorner.ca

Deacon's Corner on Urbanspoon

Bobby Wham said... @ April 7, 2009 at 10:27 AM

oh Son, biscuits with country gravy? pfffffffffffffff

grayelf said... @ April 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Love this place too but jury still out on hbrowns -- way undercooked and flaccid first time better next but still inconsistent and quite picante (thugh no curry flavour). Would drive over a close relative in a semi to get one of them thar biscuits :-).

voltron crew said... @ June 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Someone needs to either clean the grill or change the formula because the curry-flavoured hashbrowns are not good. Thumbs up for the french toast with fruit compote. It's huge! Overall, good value but seriously, the hashbrowns need to go. Biscuit and gravy are worth trying too.

Break Out of here said... @ September 12, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Was gonna try the place. Lucky for us as it was not busy at all so we looked forward to having breakfast. Tried to get a booth as there were two of us. Told that booths were for groups of 4-6 only. Adjoining booth only had two sitting in it, so politely requested to sit at a booth. Told "no way", so we said thank you and started to leave. Waitress gave a rude hand gesture towards us. Too bad, we won't be back.

Louis Bergeron said... @ June 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Worst food ever.

Paid 18$ for a shitty chicken "big deal quesadilla" which barely had 5 tiny quarter sized pieces of chicken in it and none in over half the plate. No salad was presented in the deal and the charge for the order was 14.50$ when the menu says 13.50$
Charged me 2.50$ for a can of coke.
My friend ordered the chicken fried steak, wanted medium rare, and received something stiffer than a shoe.
Inedible, I want my money back, the cooks need to be fired (and learn english), and the owner needs to go bankrupt.

Passbook passes online said... @ September 3, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Nice sweet dish, I am notice your all instructions about Passbook passes online Dish . Now i am trying to preparing and serve our family.
Thanks for sharing us....

pool power salt cell said... @ September 10, 2014 at 3:36 AM

If you could message me with a few hints about how you made your website look like this , I would be thankful!pool power salt cell

Buy Ibeacons online said... @ September 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Do you want to Home Meditation courses online Light Watkins has been providing meditation course from many year in new york.Get the best meditation audio course online and best personal trainer now.