This is one of my favorite Japanese places to eat at. I occasionally order the sashimi, I never order the sushi but I love their grilled fish and rice bowls. This time we ordered the grilled mackeral, takoyaki (octopus balls) and BBQ Eel Don. The menu has changed a bit and I couldn't find the grilled miso cod on the menu (my past favourite).
The tako yaki ($5.95) was hot, and tasty. It had its usual interesting texture and a great flavour. The BBQ eel don ($9.95)was fantastic and the grilled mackeral combo ($13.95) also proved to be a fantastic choice. I really love this place.
This place is still a secret gem of Vancouver Slop and if you can get over the strange atmosphere, I am sure this place will be on your list of favourite places to eat.
- Best miso soup in the city.
- Best grilled fish in the city
- Craziest atmosphere (circular windows, mini golf and water fountains in the back)
- Pasta night on Mondays (never been but it doesn't interest me)
- Very interesting crowd at times
1125 W 12 th Ave
Shaughnessy Village Hotel
Vancouver, BC Canada
There are a few other Tenhachi reviews on Vancouver Slop, just do a search.
[3:37 PM | 11 comments ]