I have only been to Browns Social House once but I thought this menu item was funny. Hair of the Dog - Granville Island Pale Ale and a side of bacon for 8 bucks. Does anyone ever order this?

The other thing that I have heard is that Browns was started by an ex senior executive from Cactus Club. When he opened the first Browns he took some of the best service staff with him. Eventually, the owner of Cactus was pissed and tried to hire them back at any cost, I heard girls were getting signing bonuses in the range of 2 -3 thousand to come back to Cactus Club. Pretty insane.

Browns Social House
3651 10th Ave
Vancouver BC

Browns Social House (West Vancouver) on Urbanspoon

Amy L said... @ June 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM

they bought me implants to go back to cactus so i coodent refuse!

Meg said... @ June 24, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Scott Morrison and Richard Jaffrey were the originators of Cactus Club, business partners for many many years. The split ways a few years ago, and Scott started Browns. Some people chose to side one way or the other, which is why some staff split.

Anonymous said... @ June 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I have eaten the Hair of the Dog at Browns before. I ordered one morning when i went there for breakfast whilist fighting a mean hangover. Drinking the beer and eating the bacon made me feel suprisingly good.

Anonymous said... @ June 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM

strange that they'd pay these girls so much.

i've been coaxed in eating there at least 5 times (once with a free gift certificate) and every single time i swear never to come back because the service is absolutely horrible. Everything that could go

i've never encountered so many self-absorbed, under-educated "pretty" girl waitresses in my life! They never get a tip because they never deserve it!

Belinda said... @ July 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM

hahaha Amy!

Lucid said... @ July 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Your statements are backed by no facts whatsoever. Do some proper research before you open your ill-informed mouth, or rather, before you type.
Cactus club does no such things, and in fact, is far more successful than the rip off Browns.
Hair of the dog, what a horrible menu selection in too many ways to express right now.

Anonymous said... @ August 23, 2009 at 2:58 PM

They hire hot looking servers so they have an endless supply girls to hit on. Browns in Richmond is run by two 40 year old losers who are trying to sleep their way thru the staff list. Can you say Creepy!!