When I first heard about this spot on Robson, based on the name and the location I thought this place was going to suck like the Jimmy Fallon show but everyone I have talked to has said amazing things about this restaurant.

I finally made a trip to visit this spot and I have to admit that I was very impressed. The complementary salsa and chips plate were a great starter. The atmosphere was not how I would decorate a Mexican restaurant but it was pleasant. For my meal I ordered a taco ($2.50), an enchilada (I think $9.50) and a horchata while my friend ordered the beef fajita ($14). Being a big fan of Dona Cata I was a little biased about this Robson Street restaurant but my little taco which I ordered as a barometer was dam good. The enchilada were tasty but the real talk of the table was the fajita. It was freaking good. Their seasoning used on the meat was fantastic, I has to be one of the better fajitas that I have had.

Bottom line, Don Guacamole's offers great Mexican food, nice portions for a decent price, especially for a Robson restaurant. Much respect goes out to Don Guacamole's. Word up!!!! Now I don't need to drive so far for good Mexican.

Don Guacamole's Restaurant
1333 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1C6
(604) 569-2295

Don Guacamole's on Urbanspoon

The Jimmy Fallon show still sucks!!!

samantha said... @ July 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Don Guacamole is Awesome and so is the Jimmy Fallon Show.

allison said... @ July 13, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Mmmm..I love Don Guacamole's!

Lydia said... @ July 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I had the same feeling about the name, but then I heard lots of Mexican students go there. Walk past it all the time, but it's always packed. Thanks for the price info, I was curious about that.

renee said... @ July 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
renee said... @ July 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Great tip! Robson needs more good little places like this. http://www.pinkparrotmaps.com/

Anonymous said... @ December 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM

wait at the entrance for 15 min, they seem to busy even to look at you. did not eatr there.

Anonymous said... @ May 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I admit, the food is quite good. However, the customer service is TERRIBLE. And the worst part? They just don't seem to care about it either. I stood waiting for a seat for 15 minutes as well - even though the place had tables available. The waitresses were busy flirting with the Spanish people eating there and the bartender was in "la la land", conducting is own taste test on something or other. I often return, because the food is so good - but this is always a "sore spot" of the place.