One of my favourite chocolate bars is Almond Joy and now I have some new coconut favourites.

1. Macapuno - Filipino coconut ice cream. If you can find the stuff in the gold tin, thats the one to get.

2. Liberte - Coconut yogurt. Add fruit and you will be in heaven.

Trust me on this one, both have a fairly subtle taste and people who say they don't care for the flavour of coconut are loving these two.

Alison said... @ December 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Have you ever tried the Coconut Ciao Bella Sorbet???? They sell it at Whole Foods...and it really is nothing short of amazing!

Meg said... @ December 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Where did you buy the coconut ice cream?

I agree about the yogurt - ever since I discovered it, I have dessert for breakfast every morning. Throw in some frozen raspberries and I'm in heaven.

Gyromite said... @ December 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gyromite said... @ December 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I can't remember the name of the ice cream spot, but it is a small Filipinio spot a block down (north) from Toshis on Main Street.

Anonymous said... @ December 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Also try The Udder Guys Roasted Coconut - they husk,shred, roast their own:

cindy said... @ January 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Where'd you get the macapuno? I can only ever find the halo halo.

Cathy B said... @ February 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM

For more coconut, try Caper's Ribbon Coconut - it is unsulphured and unsweetened. I add it to the mediteranee yogurt (more is better right?) and most recently tried it on my cereal - yummy. I was thinking I would try to toast some in the oven for another taste treat. Butter Baked Goods on Dunbar make delicious toasted coconut marshmallows - you can also buy them at Urban Fare and maybe Capers. And for something decadent, try the coconut banana cream pie at the Fish House - even my friend who doesn't like coconut (because of the texture), thought the pie was pretty darn good.