Every once and a while after soccer I will eat at a gas station. There is a Church's at a near by Shell and there are White Spots at the occasional Chevron. I often ask friends and they usually state they rather not eat at a gas station. I understand it but I am interested to see how wide spread that feeling is.

My friend and I had a meal and discussed why there are soo many Filipinos working at Church's. I figure they like the food and they bought into the franchise, my buddy just things they like the food and it is an ideal high school job to have.

I prefer Church's over KFC, there is something about that skin. And if you eat it like I do, you get take out (chicken, fries and gravy), make a few cups of white rice at home and chow. I like to wrap my chicken skin around fries, and rice and dip that in gravy. So damn good and the only way to eat it if you ask me. This time we had no rice and just had to dip the skin and fries.

You might think this is a lame post until you try eating your rice, with fries, wrapped by Church's chicken skin and dipped in gravy. You can thank me later.

Church's Chicken
2103 W Broadway

Matt feeling ghetto.

Oh anyone been to Ezell's in Seattle? If not, google that before your next trip down.

shokutsu said... @ March 10, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Hahaha, I'll stop in for a chicken burger when I fill up at this exact same Shell station! The skin plus rice thing, that's a new one I've never heard of...

KimHo said... @ March 12, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Been to Ezell's and, while the pieces were indeed larger than the chicken found here in Vancouver, I didn't find it any better than, heck, KFC! So, in my opinion, Church's >= Ezell's.

Gyromite said... @ March 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I found Ezell's to be quite greasy. My friends loved it and declared it the best fried chicken they have ever had. We then talked about how good Church's and Lee's is.

I do feel Ezell's is worth trying if not for the food at least so you can say you ate at the place where Oprah flies her fried chicken in from.

Caroline said... @ March 17, 2010 at 1:15 PM

there are usually an abundance of filipinos working at one place because once one starts - they bring on all their family and friends! not only that, but filipinos and fried chicken? it's right up there as a national food!
p.s. i can say this being a halfie..

Lydia said... @ March 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I've been to Ezell's. I also found it too greasy. The best fried chicken I've had so far is what I've made myself with the Ad Hoc mix from Williams-Sonoma. I need to try way more fried chicken.

evision said... @ March 24, 2010 at 4:42 AM

jef said... @ March 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM

< or > Fritou?

sev said... @ March 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

You are pretty much welcome to any Filipino gathering if you bring a box, but you already know this.