The Olympics are over and hopefully gone are the raised menu prices and the mandatory 15 - 20 % gratuity.

I took a trip back to Gyoza King and I forgot how good this place is. It saddens me to think that Gyoza King is just getting reviewed now. This place to my memory is one of the first izakayas in Vancouver, maybe Raku on Thurlow is older but I don't think so.

The interior could use an update now and sometimes there is a strange smell in there but those things are worth pushing through just so you can get some of those gyozas in your belly. I am happy that the photo of the staff with John Travolta is still on the wall.

We ordered a few things all of which were good but I want to talk about the gyoza. The prawn and vegetable gyozas are fantastic. The prawn gyoza are hands down best in the city. Each gyoza filled with one whole prawn so you are guaranteed to have prawn piece in every bite.

I always order chikuwa cheese at Gyoza King, I actually don't know another spot in Vancouver that serves this dish. Chikuwa cheese is a processed fish tube, filled with processed cheese and then deep fried. Similar to a jalapeno cheese popper.

Long story short, I forgot how good this place is. My recent visit reminded me that Gyoza King sits at the top of the list when it comes to izakayas in Vancouver.

Gyoza King
1508 Robson Street

Gyoza King on Urbanspoon

kickpleat said... @ March 2, 2010 at 10:34 PM

The Clubhouse also has chikuwa cheese. And now I really am craving a prawn gyoza!

The Fledgling Basement Foodie said... @ March 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Mmm, Gyoza King! I love this place. The Ebi Mayo is also delicious here, as well as the pork and vegetable gyozas. The Chikuwa sounds like deep-fried Japanese heaven. I think I might have to go down there this week now! Thanks for the reminder!

gronz said... @ March 22, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Definitely the oldest. And the best, most fun, non-manufactured, ambience!

Anonymous said... @ October 4, 2017 at 3:15 AM

awesome post i really enjoyed reading this article which explained everything in very easy manner. i will visit this blog once again to get such an important information which i keep on regularly looking for
download psl 2018 schedule pdf

October 2017 Blank Calendar
2017 November calendar with holidays
October 2017 calendar template

Techxerl said... @ October 7, 2017 at 7:38 AM

thanks great

Anonymous said... @ October 11, 2017 at 5:31 AM

Candidates who are searching for jobs must visit our website recruitmentinboxx.com and Grab all the important information.

Recruitment Result said... @ October 17, 2017 at 4:01 AM

Excellent blog.. Get more information regarding Latest Government Jobs @ Recruitment Result

Anonymous said... @ October 18, 2017 at 2:43 AM

http://indguru.com/ is an instructive gateway giving jobs and other career oriented updates in govt as well as private sectors.

recruitmentupdate said... @ November 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM

Grab all significant details about most recent occurrence across the world by going through our web portal : recruitmentupdate.com

recruitmentupdate said... @ November 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM

Chandra Shekhar Joshi said... @ November 17, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Nice article. Thank u so much for sharing with us.
Goa Board SSC Time Table 2018