[10:05 PM | 5 comments ]
1. Get two of the same plates. Turn one upside down.
2. Stick your tomatoes on the bottom of the plate inside the bevel.
2. Make sure your tomatoes are pack tight on the flat surface within the bevel. You do not want them to shift around.
3. Sandwich the tomatoes with another plate.
4. Slide your sharp knife through the tomatoes. Try and cut through the middle of the tomatoes so you have equal portions and your knife won't dull against the plate.
This works pretty well and after a couple of tries I got pretty quick at it. However, because I was making salsa, I had to cut the tomatoes a few more times to make them smaller so overall the technique didn't save too much time but it was cool to try it out.