When I first started this blog a few years back, almost all of my meals came from a restaurant. That statement is not one of regret as it gave me a good understanding of flavours, presentation and texture.
Last year, I spent a little more time in the kitchen and this year my New Year's resolution is to completely step up my cooking game. There are a few reasons for this change.
- I was spending around 800 dollars a month eating out and that was making it hard to save money.
- Cooking is a great talent to have and it was getting embarrassing at times when the food blogger brought ice to the potluck.
- I wanted to re create some of the dishes that I had a restaurants.
- I used to be a farm consultant and it was sad to say that I knew about farming techniques but not cooking techniques.
- I got a library of cook books that I need to start using.
- The guy who doesn't cook always has to do dishes.
So, in future along with restaurant reviews you will start to see recipes on Vancouver Slop. Some of them may be very elementary so please be tolerant when reading recipes of dishes that you have cooked a thousand times. And if you have comments and/or suggestions please let me know as it will only help me get better.
Time to make use of the Slop Press Apron.